Applications are accepted by appointment only from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Where do we apply?
Applicants must apply in person at the County Clerk's office in the County in which one or both of the partners have resided for the last 30 days immediately prior to application. The Declaration of Domestic Partnership is issued 5 days after the date of the application. PLEASE CALL 608-685-6209 TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
Who may apply for a Domestic Partnership?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age and must be competent.
2. Neither applicant may be married.
3. Neither applicant can be currently in a domestic partnership agreement with another party.
4. The applicants must share a common residence.
5. The applicants must be of the same sex.
6. The applicants cannot be in closer relationship than second cousins.
What Documents do I need to apply? (Any documents no in English must be translated and certified)
1. Certified Birth Certificate. This cannot have pictures of the hospital or footprints on them. The certified birth certificate must have the raised state seal on it.
2. Photo Identification.
3. Proof of Residency.
4. If either party has been married or in a domestic partnership previously, they must show proof of how it ended. Examples would be certified copy of divorce papers, termination of domestic partnership, or death certificate.
5. Applicants must provide their Social Security numbers.
Fees: The Domestic Partnership fee is $75.00. There are no refunds. Reprinting of the Domestic Partnership Agreement for any reason after the scheduled appointment is $5.00. Payments can be made by cash, local check or credit card (additional fee applies for credit card).